- $180 per initial intake session (90 minutes) for individual or couple's therapy
- $120 per 60 minute session
- $240 for initial Discernment Counseling session (2 hours)
- $180 for additional Discernment Counseling sessions (90 minutes)
I do not take insurance directly. However, many PPOs and HMOs will cover all or a portion of my fee using your out-of-network benefits. You may also be able to use your HSA, flexible spending dollars, or medical savings account. If you would like to use your insurance, please contact your insurance company and ask what coverage you have to see an "out-of-network provider." They will tell you what your coverage is. If possible, ask them to fax you or email you a copy of your coverage so that you can use this when you submit any documents to them in the future.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
I will then start to provide care to you, you will pay for the sessions as we go, and you will be given an itemized bill that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
I decided not to work directly with insurance companies for several reasons, the foremost being that I think that it enables me to provide the best services possible to my clients.
To learn more read here:
Couples often find it useful to schedule longer sessions. Due to the nature of discernment counseling, this requires longer sessions. The initial session is two hours in length and subsequent sessions are 90 minutes. Insurance may cover all or part of this.
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO USE USE THE FOLLOWING:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical Savings Plan
Payment is due at the time of the session. Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted.
I set aside a limited number of appointments for clients at a reduced rate. There may be a waiting list for these spots, so it may not be the best option if you are in crisis. As an alternative, I recommend the Walk-In Counseling Center at 612-870-0565 (free counseling).
If you need to cancel or reschedule a session, I request that you notify me at least 24 hours in advance. There will be a $50.00 fee assessed for a no show or late cancellation.